Monday, May 2, 2011

Pink Roses Pillow~Yummy

When I begin to create, I never know what avenue the design will take. I don't usually have any preformed idea in my head before I start. I begin by selecting the fabric and go with the flow.

I had just received this pretty, vintage lace in the mail from a seller on etsy. I loved it and wanted to marry it with a piece of natural canvas. I also wanted some color, so out came the vintage images. This is what I chose and I think it came out looking beautiful.


All across the top, I added handmade paper roses, gardenias, some silks and faux pearls. Each corner of the image has three vintage buttons for some added texture.


Oh Yeah! I love her!!


She's petite and has a handle just in case you would prefer to hang off a knob, armoire (my favorite way to display) or handle could be placed in the back, out of sight.
This and more can be found on my website, Someplace In Thyme.

12 comments:

  1. You have certainly been on a pillow craze! I looked back and they are all so gorgeous! Those paper roses are darling! Did you make them or buy them somewhere, The only paper roses I have found are at Micheals.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sweet pillow...the roses look beautiful.
    Thankyou for visiting me...you always say the sweetest things.
    Have a great week,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pillow is so charming and so adorable, Char!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a pretty pillow Char!! You can tell lots of love was put in this creative piece!

    Your names in the hat for the giveaway!! Thanks for making blog land such a wonderful place by honoring it with your presence!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Char, for someone who doesn't have a design in mind...your wanderings produce quite beautiful things! J'adore this pillow!
    Wags, Niki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Char... simply beautiful and feminine.... what a soft touch to the pink... lace is adorable...
    Hope you would like to pay a visit to me at
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Char~ Romantic Pillow!

    ABout your comment on my bloggie this morning...

    Oh~I can find a new bathing suit. I've shopped around and found LOTS of them I love already. It's just MOST of the lower-priced ones DON'T fit and the ones that do are mega expensive$$$$$! For me it's not a body-image thing, but about finding a suit that is both age-appropriate, fabulous and at the same time being one I can HONESTLY afford!! And THAT is hard to do!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Char, this is over the moon gorgeous! You never cease to amaze me with beauty ...

    Happy Mother's Day weekend ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Char, Your work is so beautiful. You must be very proud. I would love to be able to create like that.

    HPS

    LL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a delight to visit your blog tonight Char. How very creative you are. Wishing you a perfect Mother's Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Char, Wow this pillow is beautiful. I love it! Your blog is gorgeous! I hope you are doing well. Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I am looking forward to opening my new shop. Its going to be a bakery/cafe with an event space. I will have to share the details with you.
    I also wanted to let you know I found a new quilt shop in Mesa called the Cabbage Rose. Its on Dobson between Main st and University. Its a log cabin house. She carries all shabby chic fabrics and its gorgeous. Her fabric would really compliment your beautiful work.
    Have a great day! (()) gail

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please let me know what you think.